Thursday, June 23, 2005

Yes, it is possible to make even uglier color combinations

If Kris is in danger of actually getting over his perpetual headache, this combination of colors will ensure that it will indeed stay there for yet another month. Glorious.

I am really liking Spain so far. Then why am I taking the time out of my oh-such-a-blast schedule to update about nothing? Because I was too sleepy to go out. So there. The scary thing is that I might have actually felt like going to the seedy bar with seedy people had I taken a nap earlier today instead of going on a walk in the afternoon.

Last night I did go to what the people here call "La Cueva," or "The Cave" because there are stalactites and stalagmites inside, and when making their drinks with milk, the milk comes out of the stalactites hanging over the bar. While my roommate Katie proceeded to drink 4 liters (not joking) of this stuff, I got to hear all about her and my other roommate's, Sheila's, lives. It was all right. I still don't know how comfortable I'm going to be the students here, because they don't really seem like my type. I did meet one really nice girl, Samantha, here, who incidentally goes to UIC. She came here with a backpack....and that's all. Oh, and a purse. She wants to go travel around Europe for 2 weeks after she's done, and so she didn't want to take a lot of stuff. She moved to Chicago when she was 17, started working, decided when she was 21 to go back to school, and here she is now at 24.

Tomorrow evening I am going to go see a Shakespeare play with Scarlett (no, unfortunately not named after Gone with the Wind). I'm sure that will wind up at a tapas bar somewhere, which, just to show that I DO know, is the type of bar very popular everywhere in Madrid where finger foods come with the drinks. The plates the food are on used to cover the drinks so the flies wouldn't get to them. I learned that in Spanish last quarter. Saturday I'm going to Segovia. After that I don't know. But it will involve something to do with Spain.

1 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger adrianne said...

i was thinking the same thing about the trojans. i tried doing a strictly red theme for the maroons, but it was even worse.
i left the good parts out because you are the only person who reads this and so why would i want to bore you? however, what i did tonight would be fit for a blog. that's just to keep your interest piqued. golly, i dont know if im spelling that correctly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home