Sunday, July 10, 2005

Because I care about my reader(s). Really.

Today I kind of sort of had a request from a potential reader of this to, in effect, "spill the beans," write the "down and dirty," the "low down" about my life here. I aim to please. And I can't afford to lose a reader. However, I failed to attend church today, so that means that if I actually DID decide to write about my life with an airhead (shit, that slipped), I would be struck down by lightning on the spot.

I just got back from a weekend in Granada. I'm glad I went, I don't really know about Samantha and Katie though. Them together I mean. Even before we left to go on the trip, I feared there would be a reenactment of the battle of 1492 between the Moors and Christians in Spain. However, this time it would have been between Katie and Samantha. They managed to agree on one thing: that they did not want to walk around the Albaicin in the midday heat with me.

We stayed in a hostel right across the street from the Alhambra with a pool on top of the roof, and for 14 euros a night. Breakfast was supposed to be included, but alas, no, because the bitter old man decided to charge us. The coffee was really good though.

So we got there Friday afternoon after a 5 hour bus ride. I was dead on Friday. I was out all night Thursday for some reason, got back in time to finish packing for the morning bus, then went to Granada. So we took yet another amazing tour bus around Granada, stopped in at La Cartuja and the Cathedral, then went back up our big hill for a swim and hang out.

Ok, I'm bored from writing about a schedule. I'm SUPPOSED to be aiming to please my readers. Mission: Keep Readers Entertained has failed in this undertaking.

I will instead proceed to describe who I evidently kept entertained this weekend. My new business partners Goh Di Kun (John) and Abraham Gonzáles Ponce. The latter bears a remarkable resemblance to Ponce de Leon . (Speaking about resemblances, I think this movie bears a remarkable resemblance on Garden State) Well, it has been discovered this weekend that all I ever do is ask questions in Spanish. Occasionally, I am too busy being so proud of myself for forming an inteligble question in Spanish that I fail to actually listen to the answer, and then I have to ask the same question again. Then when I do comprehend the answer, I just feel so good about myself that I have to ask another question and go through the entire routine again.

Anyway, two people gave me their business cards this weekend after I talked to them for a while. I think this means I'm moving up in the world. Instead of being, say, invited for a drink later, I'm being given business cards. This can only be going up everyone.

Just as a sidenote, I fear the death of the purring of Adrianne has begun. I had to purr to myself the other night just to remind myself of my natural instincts. This part can only be going down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home