Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Instead of sitting here twiddling my thumbs

I thought I'd do a quick update complaining about my very minor cold that makes me feel like I've got cotton stuck in my brain and that I swallowed a gallow of sand. However, since I haven't been sick all year, I think that gives me permission to complain to make up for the lost time.

I AM IN PAIN. I CAN'T SWALLOW WITHOUT CRINGING. AND I CAN'T SLEEP BECAUSE I KEEP ON HAVING TO DRINK WATER, AND THEN GO TO THE BATHROOM BECAUSE ONE OF MY FEARS IS PEEING IN MY PANTS WHILE SLEEPING.

There, now that that's out, I can wait in peace for something to download. Only 11 minutes and 10 seconds left. That's not enough for anything. Checked over my homework quite a few times. Still think I screwed up, but Julio will correct it soon enough tomorrow.

(Have I mentioned that I can't swallow?)

I need to choose 2 paintings for my art history paper. Hooray. 3-4 pages of why I chose the paintings in the first place. I'm getting pretty tired of trying to analyze my feelings about everything I see. But, at least I got to go to the cool lectures with my teacher. I almost fell asleep in both of them.

Ok, I've exhausted all topics to talk about except for the pain I'm feeling in my throat. I completely forgot how much it sucks to have a cold. I had no compassion for anyone this year, since I wasn't sick at school, but now that I am, I feel bad. What goes around comes around.

52% left yet.

One month and a day ago, I was leaving my first year of college to go back to California. That means that one month and 5 days ago, I was bitching about missing my art history final. That was a long time ago, and the funny thing is that I haven't yet checked my grade for that class. For that matter, I haven't checked any of my grades in any of my classes. I'm just that bitter about it still. Actually, not really, but I guess I'm odd.

I can't wait until I can watch the final season of Roswell. That would indicate that I can't wait to go back to Chicago, but this isn't the case. I'd prefer to stay as far away from there as possible for as long as possible, and just see a precious few people I can still tolerate there. Such as both my roommates. Julie is working at Scoops, an icecream store, and Mary Kate is waitressing at some uppity restaurant in Pacific Palisades. I'd prefer the icecream store. Speaking of ice cream, I got some for the first time in a long time today. I don't count frozen yogurt as ice cream (which I did have right before I left), and since I usually give up ice cream for the summer, it's been a long time indeed.

Ok, 92% left. I'm going.

1 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, golden spoon isn't ice cream anymore? hmm. also, one year, one month and a few days ago, we were in hawaii. anyway, i miss you. and feel better soon.
- shikha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home