Thursday, August 18, 2005

I work like a dentist, model, like sports, bellydancing.

This title. Let`s talk about it for a second.

In the title section of blog, I started typing in "I." Then the rest of this showed up in a little scroll down thing (you know the one...when the computer intuitively tries to finish the sentence you started, as if it has ESP). So, I figured that this would be a great title to an absolutely boring post. It sure grabs the attention, doesn`t it (I wonder what profile this person put it in)? Since:

a. I love dentists, but I`ve no clue what they work like. I am assuming dentists work like sewer cleaners though.
b. I do not model
c. I suck at sports
and
d. Do I like bellydancing?

I have done nothing today. Literally. I painted my toenails, watched an episode of a French soap opera, and bothered my sister, who has to finish some sort of report for tomorrow. So, with absolutely nothing else to ponder, I have been forced to consider the tourist situation in Hungary around the lake Balaton.

I just started typing my ponderings, but the keyboard in this cafe sucks. What is a lot easier is if I kind of compile a list.
1. There weren`t many tourists there this summer, even when the weather was nicer.
2. The prices are really high for Hungarian standards.
3. So now, there are only German tourists left there basically.
4. However, the attractions there aren`t catering to this crowd. Case in point: there were 2 movie theaters close by. One of them is under about 3 feet of grass, the other one only shows movies dubbed over in Hungarian. A few years ago this movie theaters would be filled to capacity 10 minutes before a show (so, around 120 seats filled) and now there are about 15 people attending the movies.
5. The discos and clubs are closing down because no one comes to them. And even though they might sound lame in the U.S., they are definitely a huge pull here. Since there are none open, younger crowds don`t find it so fun to come to the lake. I can`t blame them.
6. What you have left is The Older Crowd. The Fishermen. The People Who Live Around The Lake Year Round.
7. What does that give you? Lots of people can`t make a living because these aren`t the people who are going to go to the restaurants or the tourists shops.

8. ...what a lame compilation. That list took about 5 minutes of strenuous mental work after I read the first 52 pages of a book.

I have played one too many games of free cell today.

It seems that life continues to move forward for other people. Julie is still in imminent danger of being attacked by sharks or abducted by aliens. Julie does not read this blog.

So what do you do when life starts moving on without you? You leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home