Thursday, September 29, 2005

Big, Bad, and Back

I thought I'd give a run-down of the what's happening in Chicago, since I'm back.

First things first.

The taxi driver who took me from the airport to the place I stayed at with Julie? Was a maniac. I got to the taxi and this little munchkin of a man jumped out to help me with my suitcases. In the car, he repeatedly rattled his bag of Egyptian nuts and cigarettes at me as an offering, insisting that I take some because it was a long drive and with lots of traffic. He was from Egypt, and talked a lot, mostly about his nightmare of a mother-in-law who lived with him.

So Stacy was here. I suppose that could be embellished with pictures. Kat, Mary Kate, Julie, and I are now patiently waiting for the green light to paint the rooms bold, bright colors.

And now. THE CLASSES:

Egyptian Hierloglyphs (am I even spelling that right?): Absolutely useless in the long run probably, but I mean, how many people can say they took this class? I can now draw vultures, quails, horned vipers, and hands in my sleep. I think the only reason I'm taking this class is because I can't return the REALLY expensive books I bought earlier in the week. I just translated a sentence that read:

The sun god is together with that man.

I have no idea if there is a second meaning to that. I should find that Egyptian taxi driver and ask him for some help, because I don't know how many tutors there are for Egyptian.

Spanish: Hola. No quiero decir más sobre esta clase. Yo soy la estudiante única quien está en el segundo año de universidad. No importa. Me gusta español, pero no me gustan los estudiantes en me clase. Tengo que escribir más en mi livejournal, y tengo que hablar más español.

Baroque art: Lots of fleshy women.

Self, culture, and society. (Self-torture and anxiety): I am reading The Wealth of Nations which everyone knows is about as fascinating (and comprehensible) for me as a good political debate in French. And I have to take three whole quarters of soc because GOD HATES ME.

1 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yours are the finest vultures I have ever laid eyes on.

Love,
Mary Kate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home