Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Adam Smith

What Adam Smith's The Wealth of Nations Makes me feel like doing:


When I'm reading it, I want to kill the whole world. Today in class, once I had slammed my head down on the table after answering 5 questions incorrectly, I contemplated the miriads of options I had for destroying the book.
1. Ripping out the pages slowly one by one, relishing the tear of each page, and then eating all the pages
2. Jumping up on the table and violently start ripping it apart, then taking a hammer to it
3. Just dousing myself and the book in gasoline, then running through an enormous bonfire I would have set with all copies of the book I could find.
4. Kat just suggested going to a little nation in Africa, starting my own country there, and then printing the new currency on the pages of the books. She is able to think more rationally than I can, because I am blinded by hatred.

That book makes me feel like I'm plastered on wall and someone is continously and rythmically hitting me with a bludgeon.

The worst part is that I won't even be able to go to my default topic for the essay (the oppression of women) with this book. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 12:39 AM, Blogger Matt Shore said...

Your musings on Adam Smith make me chuckle like a Morman at a Taoist discussion group. Keep it up, you psychadelic freebird.

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you. Yes. I am not writing my personal statement. I am reading your old blogs and crying about how loathsome my life is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home