Sunday, October 09, 2005

The daughter of the overseer rides a donkey to her female servant

Since I've come to Chicago I've been to two operas: Carmen and La Cenerentola. Carmen's tickets were more expensive, and the seats were worse, but what do you expect. It's Carmen.

Anyway, they were probably made 80 times more enjoyable for me because these were two operas I watched constantly when I was younger. My afterschool activity in kindergarten was Encino Man, 2nd and fourth grades was Ricki Lake and Montel with Stacy, which progressed to the Lion King and Aladdin in 3rd, then when I could stay at home alone, it turned into Carmen in 6th grade, then West Side Story for a record breaking 2 years, and then I don't even remember. All I know now is that I can't sit through West Side Story for the entirety because I watched it WAY too much.

With West Side Story, Carmen, and La Cenerentola, I distinctly remember fast forwarding the overtures every day. I wasn't patient enough to sit looking at the screen, but tonight when I was sitting down I realized that I actually (ok, my ring just fell down the bathroom drain, SO I'M REALLY PISSED OFF BECAUSE I COLLECT THOSE THINGS FROM SPECIAL PLACES AND THEY'RE ALL IMPORTANT TO ME AND SO YEAH...I'M PRETTY ANGRY RIGHT NOW AND I CAN'T FINISH THIS LONG AND INVOLVED POST BECAUSE MY RING IS DOWN THE DAMN DRAIN AND I'M GOING TO MISS IT DAMNIT)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home