Sunday, October 16, 2005

On the top of the 4th page for Adam

Reflecting back on the very recent past (since when I've been reading such greats as the Marx-Engels Reader, The Wealth of Nations (yes, you have heard me complain about him long enough, I know) and other philosophers about social theory) I've come up with a perfect solution to the problem I face with not comprehending ANYTHING I read from them.

Read The Wealth of Nations as a lullaby to kids.

It puts ME right to sleep as a near-20 year old, so I'm sure it's a guaranteed headnodder for 2 year olds. If I would have grown up listening to the division of labor and the real price of money ideas by Smith since I was 5 months old, I am so sure something would have stuck. I can recite out loud to you Sleeping Beauty and The Fox and the Hound if you just get me started, so just imagine if my kids could do that with The Wealth of Nations! GOD! I WOULD MAKE THEIR LIFE SO MUCH EASIER.

It's settled. I am going to sing them Plato's Republic to the tune of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and they WILL listen to me reading The Wealth of Nations before falling asleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home