Saturday, November 19, 2005

Good Luck, Agi

I went back to the Art Institute today, to look at objects like this:











































And also what my facebook picture is now. There were a ton of people downtown today because there was a parade and Mickey Mouse was going to turn on the Christmas lights. Concerning the Cinderella display Marshall Field's put up this year, I was talking to a cashier in the store and while I was inside, I was still able to say "It's kind of nice to see all the people getting excited over what's on the outside of the store as opposed to the inside." So when I was walking outside to get some ultra-touristy pictures of the Chicago sign, for about 2 seconds I had the all goodness-y Christmas-y feeling when going through the crowd. After the second family to stride on my toes and walk by with a baby wearing an obviously full diaper and a whiny little awkward kid, I lost the Christmas spirit and a great big demon had a great big urge to erupt from within me to pick up the little kids and ram them bodily into the Marshall Field's display case. But, I did manage to fight my way through and found THIS on the other side of the crowd:





























How old IS Julie Andrews?

Later on, Kat, Julie, and I went to Subway, where I got a wrap (my days are absolutely enthralling). The guy who made my wrap was absolutely inept. He asked me if I wanted 2 loads of chicken on my wrap (?) and then once I had ordered everything on my sandwich, he proceeded to douse it down with sweet onion sauce with reckless abandon.

Here are detailed step-by-step instructions of what a subway wrap should be like:








































Here's what happened tonight:










































































Kat thinks the explanation was that he was high. I think he was beaten as a child and that his dog ran away when he was 10 years old.

Good luck with all your work, Agi. I love you.

Now, on to MY work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home