Thursday, November 17, 2005

Memo for Me

This post would fall into the "Psuedo--Semi-Emo" post .

I'm sitting here trying to tease out the difference between reality and thought according to Marx (obviously. Why else would I be writing this?), and I need to remind myself of the promise I made way back when. The one that has something to do with trying not to be a depressing hippo or an honest-to-goodness full blown bitch. It's not like I'm ever going to be able to apologize to my roommates in person, so here it is: sorry. Ahhh, last night's feeling was "Let's ENTIRELY skip over the intro of last year's Jan.-Feb. and go straight into March-June." Kat, you are not yet fully acquainted with Adrianne's chimera, and I'm going to try hard to keep it that way.

It was just scary for me because everything's been going comparatively well, despite gobs of homework and regular work. And then something (don't know what) had to come along and make me the little black raincloud of the room.

Lord, I am NEVER getting married if it means someone is going to have to deal with these mood swings for many years every day.

And on that note, I'm going to end this Marx essay by just smearing earwax all over it and then writing my true opinion about this:

"The appropriation of man's essential powers, which ave become objects--indeed, alien objects--is thus in the first place only an approrpiation occurring in the consciousness, in pure thought--i.e., in abstraction: it is the appropriation of these objects as thoughts and as movements of thought."

Marx, the italics are not accomplishing one damn thing. It's so obvious that you just recorded some sort of stupid politician or soap-box lecturer and decided to combine those ideas with the church sermon you half-slept through and then woke up to long enough in order to spend the rest of the time oggling at some pretty proletariat girl's ankles. I can just as easily write something that profound:

The realization of man's power as embodied in a veggie burger is made evident through spiritual entities: the distearyldimonium among humans is also magnified through the extrapolation of the big from the very little. Man is only man when he realizes the truth of the entities of the opposition of the real of the sensuoulness and/or the semblance of his appearance with that of Triticum vulgare.

Christ. You should have just shut the hell up or thought twice about writing such confusing shit.

I am DEFINITELY getting a really shitty grade on this essay. Marx is probably turning over in the communistic grave he dug himself. Just as well, he should know that by writing such a book he did not in fact make many people's lives easier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home