Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Some satisfying things induced entirely naturally

It was definitely worth taking Sosc to fill out the evaluation sheet today. Usually, I spend about 0.000003 seconds on the evaulation sheets, or about as long as it takes me to lose interest in whatever it is I'm reading in Sosc at the moment, so no time at all.

However, on this Sosc evaluation, I went the whole 9 yards.

Well, not really. Basically, a few answers to some of the questions went something like this:

"I frequently wished both Marx and Smith had been illiterate."

"This course made me feel insignificant while making my brain feel like it was going to explode."

"I was not made for higher level thinking."

"I think I would have been able to survive in blissful ignorance of everything Smith had to say in his book."

The long and short of it is, if I had put my name on this evaluation sheet, my mother would not have been proud of me.

Another thing that made me mildly happy is someone asked to study with ME! ADRIANNA K. GYORFI! in Egyptian. A circa 29 year old grad student, nonetheless. She has NO IDEA what a huge abyss of ignorance she is going to encounter within a few days because the brain...it is empty in here. I don't even know her name, but I do know she is married, she has a really pretty wedding ring, she went to Harvard for part of her grad school, she spent a year in a cubicle job after graduating college and when she told her co-workers she was getting out to go to school, they all gazed at her longingly and she was spurred to stand on top of her desk to urge them to break DOWN their cubicules and GO FREE! This part reminded me oddly enough of Marx, but what book did he write again? That's right, I don't remember because I am forgetting that first quarter Sosc ever happened because I HATE IT THAT MUCH, AND I STILL HAVE TO WRITE ONE FINAL ESSAY FOR IT, DAMNIT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home