Monday, December 12, 2005

O'Hare airport and United Airlines can both go take a flying jump

I am now updating from the comfort of my home. I started transfering a blog I had written at the airport onto the computer that actually does have internet here, but I decided against it.

I was happy in that post. And the post I want to write right now about my trip over to California merits an ANGRY and OUTRAGED tone. Ahh, what a few hours of sitting in an airplane with a headache will do to you.

So I boarded my plane at 4:40 PM, telling the military man sitting next to me in the waiting room that I doubted the plane would leave on time. There were about 50 of us on the plane (not a lot of people at all), I was sitting not over the wing for once, Chlamydia was prepped and raring to go as well, and I was so ready to get out of the cold and into the sun.

Then they told us there was a problem with the electric box. They said they would replace it.

An hour later, they decided it was not the electric box that had a problem. It was a valve.

They changed the valve. It was not the valve.

By this time, I was getting pretty desperate, because it was 8 PM. I was basically supposed to be in California. And:

Southern belle version: I had a splitting headache.
Spencer version: whimper whimper
My version: I had one hell of a headache that four cups of coffee did not help.

So by the time they decided to get us off the plane and try to get onto a different flight, I had to go to the bathroom a LOT because that's what coffee does to you, my head still hurt, and there was a possibility I wouldn't get out of O'Hare that night because of the weather and other delays.

I stood in line to get my ticket for a flight scheduled to leave at 8, that was delayed till 8:30 to wait for other flights, and there were lots of other people in line. As luck would have it, right when I got to the counter, there was another single passenger vying for the same, last ticket onto this flight. The counter man asked me if I would mind waiting until the next available flight out, whenever that was. So I jut told him like it was, which went something like:

I've been sitting on the plane with a really bad headache for 3 hours, and because we're so late, I'm onto my last tampon. If I don't get on a plane really soon, there's going to be more than just my blood shed.

Needless to say, I got on the flight.

Which left 1.5 hours later.

(I would not have brought in the bodily functions, but I thought it was absolutely necessary. I'm sure I made SOMEONE'S day with that.)

2 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word.

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Adrianne, it's David from Michelson.

Glad to hear you got back to LA (eventually). Hey, at least there wasn't a crash at your airport :P

Are you still up for a Michelson get-together sometime?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home