Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Ok. Pictures. Definitely.















What I found astounding is that there were still leaves on the trees. And the sky was blue in California.















Basically the only two friends I saw during break.
















This is the house Santa barfed over. It was not lit up, and that made me sad, but I had no choice. This was the last opportunity to take a picture of the house.

Since all you all are able to access my Facebook album, there are more pretty pointless pictures there, just in case you want to see how many different angles of the same thing it's possible to take a picture of.

So I guess I'll talk about my day today.

I went to "Dynamic Environment," along with almost everyone else in the school it seems. EVERYONE wants to get into that class because:

  1. There are no tests
  2. You are guaranteed an A- in the class if you get an "S" (satisfactory) on each lab
  3. The lectures are going to be podcasted.

So, there's basically no hope for me to get in the class. And I want to go back to my old Spanish class because:

  1. I like the people in my old class better than the new class. This means I would actually WANT to talk to the people in Spanish, as opposed to wanting to sit in class and sulk.
  2. There's a big possibility I'm not getting in the "Dynamic Environment" class, and then I might as well go back to my old class.

Therefore, I emailed several people today about a few questions I had. The questions basically boiled down to:

I took chemistry last year, so I've already got half of my physical science requirement done. I know I can make this plus another quarter of a different physical science class fulfill my core requirement if I petition the department. Can I start Dynamic Environment in the spring?

The Dynamic Environment teacher's response was:

"Right...labs don't meet this week."

This is like:

Q: Is that shirt green?

A: It's not polyester.

I think he spent too much time in Antarctica. Check out his way awesome website though: http://geosci.uchicago.edu/~drm7/

So then, I e-mailed who I PRESUMED to be the department head, since I found him on the college website. This is the response I got:

"Ten years ago, when I was Master of the Physical Sciences Collegiate Division, I would have been the person to help you with this."

Sometimes YOU JUST CAN'T WIN.

2 Comments:

At 4:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

break just doesn't feel like break anymore without you and stacy here. i hope it's not toooo cold in chicago.

 
At 4:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's cause you never called me back until i was on another continent.
-Fort

 

Post a Comment

<< Home