Thursday, January 05, 2006

So the layout OBVIOUSLY isn't perfect yet

Criticize away. At least you can't make fun of the color scheme too much, since there's only so much you can do with black, white, and gray. Oh, and the glorious neon green links which still boggle my mind, but it's been boggled too much today and it's kind of ache-y, so I'll just leave the deciphering of the neon green for another day.

Anyhow, The Class Situation:
I got an e-mail back from the correct department head, and it turns out I can't take this quarter of Dynamic Environment and have it count for my core requirement along with a quarter of chemistry, and I'm not about to just negate my entire quarter of chemistry here and pretend it didn't happen. It happened, all right. I still get nightmares of test tubes, entropy (particularly entropy), and organic chemical reactions. Or something.

This means I have to get a fourth class, which will probably end up being some sort of art history class again.

Since coming back here, I've had some pretty serious problems with falling asleep. I'm inclined to think that it's because I haven't started working and studying in earnest, so I don't fall into bed in an exhausted heap, but if this continues, I'm going to be a serious looking zombie. Usually, I have no trouble falling asleep with noises, right? I mean, I was the one who fell asleep at a discoteca this summer.

But NOW, the smallest rustle of my roommates sounds 8000000000000 decibals loud, and I sit there waiting for the sounds to happen next. What I've been doing to distract myself is imagining really depressing stuff in a vain attempt to go to sleep. Depressing as in making making Message in a Bottle looking like a comedy. Usually, I try to think of pretty romantic stuff (i.e. first date that will never occur, going travelling somewhere really pretty, all that), but I thought maybe if I imagined my mom, sister, AND Stacy were all murdered and I was in denial about it for 3 weeks, I might eventually get to sleep.

The result of this, I think, is that I just stay up feeling astonishingly sorry for myself and going "OH GOD MY LIFE IS SO MISERABLE...everyone is DEAD AND I CAN'T FALL ASLEEP!"

On a completely different tangent, I am pretty open on this blog, right? I share my miriads (myriads?) of failures, along with my...successes?

Did I ever mention anything I do right on here?

Well, TODAY IS THE DAY. This part is going to look dangerously like bragging, but no, do not take it like that. In fact, take this as a message of "If Adrianne can do something like this, then I can to." But in fact, I think everyone who reads this has far surpassed this accomplishment, since everyone around me are supergeniuses.

I wrote that one art history reasearch paper, right? The one where I was not really complaining about the writing process, unlike my sosc papers. THIS is the message I got back on it:

"Not a perfect paper, but you get points for unusual and ambtious subject matter and solid research well organized and except for a few glitches (see marginal notes) well written."

Right. I do NOT think that comment was grammatically correct (***note to self: it MUST be a good idea to write in run-on sentences if the teacher does, and not use commas when needed, such as after the paranthetical interjection, and also, I think "marginal" has a different meaning than "in the margins"***), but I was happy anyhow.

So, now I have to do my Spanish homework and see what additional class I should take.

James, sorry I did not see you. I didn't really want to, anyhow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home