Monday, January 09, 2006

Sometimes some things just hit you

Today at 9:30 PM I decided to check if I had any reading to do for my new art history class, Medieval Art and Architecture of the Mamluks and Mongols. Just for the hell of it, because, you know, the last time I took an obscure art history class like this, we just had a list of "Recommended Readings" which was code for "It's Obligatory, but I'm just going to see if you're responsible enough to get to the library to check them out," so that means the final kicked my ever-sorry bum into 1st gear instead of just idling at neutral.

The syllabus for Medieval Art and Architecture of the Mamluks and Mongols has a mere 3(THREE) course requirements:

Throughout:
Participation: 15%

February 23:
300 word abstract of your research paper argument, 5 page outline, list of objects and/or monuments, and preliminary bibliography: 15%
If you are going to the College Art Association conference, get this done earlier.

March 9:
Research Paper (15-20 pages): 70%

15-20 pg. research paper

(blink, blink)

70%

(blink, blink, blink)

(mental shutdown as skin melts off my body in a total nuclear explosion)

Yeah, you guys might be used to it, but I'm not.

I'm also not used to having an amount of reading that could fuel a small city if I just burned the papers instead of reading them.

Last night I fell asleep within 5 minutes of my head hitting my pillow.

Glory be, the QUARTER HAS BEGUN! The stress-blister on my mouth has ALREADY started forming.

1 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Blogger Cono said...

I pity you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home