Monday, February 06, 2006

First sosc essay of the quarter. In fact, first essay of the quarter.

I am going to Facebook and Freecell my way through this everybody!

You might be asking what I've been doing the past five weeks if this is indeed my first essay of the quarter. I have been living in BLISSFUL IGNORANCE, everyone, that I will ever have to turn anything in over a page long and pulled out of my....you know where. This means that the next four or five weeks or so will be a veritable cornucopia of wonderfully eloquent ideas and theories spewed out in reckless abandon onto Microsoft word amidst much frantic hair pullings and otherwise masochistic actions.

6-7 pages on Durkheim and Claude Levi-Strauss.

My weekend was, as far as weekends go, as weekend-ish as it could have been with my cold, a million sentences of Egyptian to translate, and research to do. All day Saturday was spent in the library and at 6-ish I decided to partake in some Chinese Fan-ish goodness and go to dinner with him. Walking out of the Reg, I said "Shoot" out loud to remark upon the fact that where we were going was closed when from behind me I heard "Shoot...that's another way to say 'shit,' right?" And that's how I met Lorenzo, the remarkably good-looking and eloquent Italian whose Western outlook regarding clubbing and having a good time was like a breath of fresh air to my stuffy and now entirely wizened heart and soul. On the way we met Joe, some insane French guy, and he came to Noodles Etc. with us, along with the Russian guy was already there. So overall, it was a remarkably international night at Noodles Etc. Many accents.

Which was, ironically, connected the play I had to go see yesterday for Spanish: "Sex-oh." It was a hilarious take of 6 Latino girls' experience growing up and the taboo on "sex." Whenever I see anything like this I always wish my mom would see it to observe if she would laugh or not, since what I've got on my hands is a written for the play script unfolding before my very eyes. The word "sex" is never merely said by my mom, it's more spit out like a filthy disease or contamination. See mom! Other people can deal with it like normal people! In different languages!

Insert long what would ultimately turn into anti-Catholic tirade about latent frustrations involving family and sex HERE.

When did this turn so glum, chums? I'VE GOT A PAPER TO PROCESS! 6-7 PAGES! DID I MENTION THAT?? ABOUT SOSC?

*twitch, twitch. weird, frantic palpitations of the heart*

::EDIT::
This is part of an e-mail I just received:

Dear adrianne,

Flowers and candy are nice, but if you really want to ring your sweetheart's chimes get straight to the heart of the matter with Fresh California Avocados. Start a spark with breakfast in bed. Fan the flame with sensuous appetizers. Take it to the limit with a luxuriant avocado massage. After that, you're on your own. Happy Valentine's Day!

GOD. Avocados sound SO NICE right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home