Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I think my socks smell

I've started two entries that wanted to say something to the effect of:

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE! I'm single and I still know all the lyrics to Stevie Wonder's "I Just Called to Say I Love You"!

If my sister would still read my blog, she'd be shaking her head right now and be saying "Oh God, Adrianne."

Here is my Valentine's Day card to you.



















I can't decide on a paper topic. The minute I decide, I start reading some more, and I find ANOTHER topic I might possibly want to write about. So far, all the topics I've recycled in my brain many times include:

1. Ok, so Mongol art has a whole bunch of tiles on the outside of the buildings and things, described as more "ethereal, shimmering," while Mamluk architecture was usually more fortress-like. What I thought about doing was reporting on the architecture was like because of the societies that had existed there before, and Mongols had incorporated more local art and everything.

2. Then, in what I'd coin a Stroke of Marvelous Idiocy, I decided I might want to somehow get Egyptian art into this. I mean, I've slaved over it so long, why not? So, then, concerning Egyptian, there could be how inscriptions on architecture started to function for different things.

3. THEN, I was all, well, hieroglyphs were a sort of abstracted art, and extremely gridded with really complex size things and everything, could I SOMEHOW link that to the geometric forms that come up in Mamluk art? Or, if not that, then go to building decoration or something.

4. For about 3 milliseconds there was the idea that the rugs on the ground and in tents of Mamluks and Mongols really are like the tile designs that are on the walls of permanent structures.

5. Then I went back to an old idea of 'Oh, look at that Hungarian folk art sure is similar to this stuff I'm studying."

Then my brain exploded.

But before you go...

If you're looking for a girl who:
1. Only wants to hang out during the weekend and maybe once or twice for lunch or dinner during the week
2. Has a lot to say when you first get to know her, then eventually has more to say on her blog than to you in person
3. Is extremely irritable, critical, and spends most of her hours in the library
4. Cannot carry on a conversation about politics, world events, pop culture, or feelings
5. Is quite fat and quite ugly
6. But likes hugs and kisses all the same

Then, you know, you've got a Valentine!

2 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not fat or ugly. But you do forget people's names.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Too bad I'm not a lesbian. We'd be quite a match. Ha!

What's the point of a greeting card holiday that makes half the population miserable over being alone and the other half miserable over being obligated to prove their love to their mate?

I guess we'll never know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home