Friday, February 17, 2006

Maybe hieroglyphs weren't such a bad idea

Last night I had to work at will call for the sold out concert of John Zorn. I didn't know he was that popular.

While working, I decided I hated every letter of the alphabet. But what I hated even more were the people who came running up to the window panting their last name that could have easily started with any letter of the alphabet because really, how am I supposed to decipher: "Gfjdkopqcf"?

"Excuse me, is that a J or a G? OH! an "M!" THAT was my next guess!"

Or those people who came up and had one of those names that could have started with a K OR a C. And they would not specify. Or that had hidden silent letter placed at random after consonants. Much like Foucault. He was not in attendance at the concert last night.

Or the people who had asanine requests.

But I hate the alphabet now.

So, that means I will not use it for a while. For the rest of my entry. But oh my gosh something SO AWESOME HAPPENED! Guess what? I 80967 537 60 986451 6454 05234 ;'6 78..32! 9 70-4 9 30, 918 9 2957 ;'0 208/3 0983 ;'!

2 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sad is it that my first instinct was to want to convert the numbers to letters via ASCII code before I got the joke?

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adrianne, no updates all weekend! I'm ashamed of you, you slacker.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home