Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Now don't get me wrong

I have entirely recovered from Valentine's Day. I am, however, still wearing festively pink and red underwear just to feel justified in eating exorbitant amounts of chocolate, and to feel festive when prancing around in just my underwear.

I have nothing to really talk about, so I'll just relate my feelings concerning the alphabet.

Since I've been young(er), I've always been annoyed with the alphabet starting after "N," mostly because I've always felt "R" to be such a pretentious letter. I wish I were making this up, that I actually have feelings concerning the alphabet. I always get pissed off with "R" for being in front of "S" and "T," and "L" has also been a problem for me, because I've always felt "P" should go before it.

So when I started learning Egyptian, I was REALLY happy to see that not only was there no "L," but that "P" actually came before "M" AND "N." However, "R" is still giving me a hard time because it's STILL in front of "S" and "T." All different varieties of "S"s and "T"s in fact.

Ugh. SUCH a stuck-up letter.

So, if I were asked to make up the alphabet in the way I wanted to, my alphabet would look something like this:

A B C D E F G H I J K P N M O L Q S T R U V W X Y Z

Responding to "Daniel's" comment in my previous post: If you are in fact DAVID Kaye, maybe I suck at remembering names because I don't spend my time on Facebook when I'm at the library. And if you are really a Daniel, then sorry, you win, I don't know who you are.

3 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look. I don't spend my time at the library on Facebook either, you just caught me in a moment of weakness and procrastination.

But it was still a nice try.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Kat said...

you might be synaesthetic.. a lot of "us" (that sounds so lame) assign personalities to alphanumeric characters. for example:

1: (black) male, type A personality, probably the "leader"
2: (dk. red) sporty male, probably a little younger than 1
3: (lemon yellow) girl, somewhat tomboyish, younger than 1 or 2 (roughly 7)
4: (royal violet) another male, possibly a little brother to 2; will grow up to be popular but also probably kind of artsy
5: (dark sky blue) yet another sporty male, maybe a bit more of a nerd
6: (pink) female, little sister of 6, will be very popular when she grows up
7: (dk green) cool but not necessarily popular. male. is probably in drama club or a rock band.
8: (orange) female; loudmouth, bossy, and overweight. probably suffers a lot internally but i didn't really think about that when i was little
9: (magenta) probably the capt. of the cheerleading squad

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Kat said...

that's kat, btw. on my other blogg.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home