Saturday, February 11, 2006

OK

So I know no one comments on here anymore because, well, "There's always tomorrow," or "She just writes in it so frequently that I'll have a chance to get something in before too long. God, she should just stop blogging because all these entries are getting so boring."

You might get your wish yet!

I'm on the B-level of the Reg because I'm taking a break from Egyptian Future Active Participles and I've been having such outlandish thoughts that I sometimes think I'm possessed. For instance, I read an example of how you can make these constructions of Ntf X "X belongs to him" by using independent pronouns and putting a noun after it. Like ntk nbw, which means, Gold belongs to you. And, even though this has nothing to do with it, I suddenly found myself thinking before I nearly fell asleep sitting up:

Well, if I hung an independent pronoun upside down on a swing set, I'm sure the teacher would want to have nothing to do with the kids afterwards.

I understand you're bored of me and this blog. I KNOW. I'm bored with myself too. I TRANSLATE THINGS LIKE: "What then is it? It is the blood that came forth from the phallus of Ra after he started to make incisions upon his on person" (!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

So, I had a nice weekend, which I'll talk about later, but really. Is ANYONE alive? Because I'm not feeling like I've got any friends lately.

5 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Adrianne,

I am commenting on your blog. You look ravishing in your new bathrobe. You take incriminatingly drunk pictures of me and post them on the world wide web. Next time the tables will be turned, because I also have a camera...I am taking a picture of you...right...now...

Sincerely,
Mary Kathleen

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Estimating the readership of your blog from the number of comments doesn't seem like a wise policy. You probably have loads of readers who never comment, because they're lazy, anti-social, or perhaps even have a legitimate reason. I should know, since I'm one of them. In my case, I simply feel that since I don't really know you, it wouldn't be appropriate for me to do so.

(Before you panic, no, I'm not some creepy stalker and we do sort of know each other. I'm in your Egyptian class and I like to check the blogs/websites/whiteboards/etc. of other people in that class to see if they are annoyed at the same aspects of the Egyptian language that I am annoyed with at that time. It always makes me feel better because at least one or two always are. This has especially been the case since we learned participles, or perhaps more appropriately stated, when participles were introduced)

-- Bruce from Egyptian

 
At 1:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adrianne, I feel ya pain. Where is the love???

-Stacy

 
At 3:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

alive and well here. hope this comment clears any confusion of that. long time no chat. that's no good.
- shikha

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Clever bloggers are an uncommon treasure. Stay strong, sister.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home