Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Guess I never will be lucky in ___________

This morning, acting like I was technologically savvy and all, I went and bought a flash drive so that I could back up everything on my computer. I could just picture writing an entire blog entry about how WHOA look at me I did this ALL by myself AND I put up videos on my blog.

HA.

The flash drive is sitting blissfully blank next to my computer as the harddrive whirls away madly, and I've currently been on the phone with Dell for 3 hours because I keep on getting sent between the hardware and software departments. My computer will not turn on, it's making loud buzzing noises, and wow.

Connected to another person now. Saying same damn thing over and over again.

**EDIT**
I was just informed I lost everything on my computer. I KNEW last week this would happen, but would any of the 5 Dell people listen to me when I TOLD THEM IT WOULD?? NO! They just listen to me long enough to run a stupid diagnostic test and tell me there isn't anything wrong with the harddrive, and oh, that loud metallic sound is probably just something loose in the computer, just, you know, wiggle it a little and maybe do some sort of tap dance on it while it's turning on, and it might be ok.

7 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger Russell said...

holy crap that sucks. If it doesn't come back, is there any/a lot of unreplacable data on it?

How will you go about backing things up should you get a chance?

 
At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That blows. I lost the hard drive on my home computer last year in what would appear to be the same fashion (it made strange noises for a while, then one day it refused to mount). It's a terrible feeling.

-- Bruce

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dell is the EFFING devil. Worst computers ever. I'm always fearing my computer with just die someday since my computer makes weird noises constantly, so I got an external hard drive 2 years ago.

I would absolutely die if my HD crashed. I feel for you. I do.

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adrianne, I'm going to send you all 3.487 of my songs, one instant message at a time. Don't you worry. I even have the Superventas. Szeretlek, es az Oliver meg tudna javitani a komputeredet ha vegre eljonnel!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I'm very sorry for your loss.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Kat said...

it's all the shoreland bus system's fault for not getting me home that night before you hit the gym. i am more competent than the entire dell tech support team. [/rap face]
sorry for your loss... at least you haven't written any papers for this quarter yet. hope your photos are somewhere safe.

 
At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is truly tragic and I think we should do something in its memory...Like hold a seance or construct a tasteful shrine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home