Thursday, March 09, 2006

Just an everyday email in my mailbox

I'm going to try to translate most of those 1st position verbs as 2nd tense, but translate the rdi verbs as prospective in purpose clauses (Hoch p. 90-91). Hoch says on p.91 that prospective of purpose often appear in explicatory sentences, so that works. I think there's one construction at least on the second page that could possibly be a 2nd tense + prospective in a result clause [the god does something with the result that the king tramples his enemies, or something]. I don't know if that's right, (or even if it works - I haven't tried to translate it that way yet) but it at least addresses the 1st position non-geminating form of rdi without iw or mk.

5-6 more pages to go on the essay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home