Saturday, March 18, 2006

Thinking before leaving

I've been meaning, for this past week or so, to say "THANKS!" to everyone who said something nice and everything while I was sludging my way through last week with my papers and things. Even Tom's "I'd hate to be you right now" comments every few days helped.

See, here was a sleepy Eggy last week:















Oh, such a SLEEPY Eggy. This was my hour or so nap in between something or other, and I was most kindly decorated by Mary Kate and Julie.
















I'm guessing after the nap. An insane Eggy.

I still have a solid 2 hours before I can go to the airport. I've just been packing sporadically while listening to "Nostalgia Radio" or something. Every few minutes there is an interjection about how the listeners can win a package of "Nostalgia" programs if they donate some money and their first-borns to the radio station in order to keep it running, with the catch-phrase of "Those Were the Days."

Now, this could just be because I was thinking how I'm nearly half-way done with college and what I've done and what I still have to do, but it's occurred to me that lots of people, probably me included, are very anxious to go backward or forward to some other time than what they're in right now. However, I don't think I'll be wanting to go back to last week anytime soon. I wonder in how many years people will be thinking that the 2010s were "the years."

So with that, I'm looking forward to break, and to leaving. I hope my plane manages to leave on time this time.

David, sorry I didn't get to say "Bye bye" to you either, hope you have a good one.

I hope everyone has a good break, for that matter. Yes, I said that in the previous post, rather incoherently.

1 Comments:

At 2:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your break! Hopefully I will seeee you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home