Thursday, April 20, 2006

I had a title earlier, but I can't remember it

A couple of summers ago, I met three swell girls:

Lacey Blake
Julia Pascuzzo
Abbie Toney

Our relationship was based solely on devouring copious amounts of gooey butter cake, shooting ice cubes at each other, and complaining about weight gain while we were in a summer program in St. Louis. After the initial shock of gaining 15 pounds overnight, we all became sufficiently composed to try to meet up in the future, and we did once so far. Now, Abbie Toney is coming to visit Chicago this weekend, and in addition to visiting the city, she is going to be visiting ME.

A couple of hours ago, I received this e-mail from her:

hey so my friend wants to go kiting on saturday morning @ 33rd Street
Beach. you should come with us silly. actually i demand you do - b/c im
super not looking forward to it cuz im not a fan of the whole heights .
. . but i think we could have lots of laughs with it. sooo come with us
okay :)
-abbie
I foresee several problems with this.

1. I don't REALLY know what kiting is
2. I have never kited
3. If it is indeed what that website says it is, I can't do it because the website has the word "EXTREME" (note the italics) in the header, and EVERYONE knows Adrianne doesn't do anything involving italics or the word "extreme," except for have extreme mood swings.

But nothing "EXTREME" with sports. Especially not with sports.

(The last time I tried to do anything "EXTREME" in my book (errr...rollerblading...) I ended up with a cast for 2.5 months and an enormously smelly foot)

If I DID go kiting, nothing good would come of it. I'd end up in either of the following positions:













That is the Sears Tower














I'll have to think this one over.

1 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAH, don't go kiting...just becaue Max and Liz can do it doesn't mean you can.

I want C very badly right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home