Sunday, April 16, 2006

I'm fighting the urge to do a meme on here right now

Let's just get the obligatory pictures out of the way:

















































**heaves a sigh of contentment**

It's Easter, and I can't remember the last time I painted Easter eggs, or went on an Easter egg hunt. But I remember I never believed in the Easter bunny, because I always thought it was really dumb. Now that I begin to think, though, I don't understand why things like the Easter bunny, Santa Claus, or the tooth fairy exist. I don't think they cultivate imagination, really. I never believed in Santa Claus, although I will admit to believing in the toothfairy for a RIDICULOUSLY long time, and I still have a wild imagination. Here I am updating blog thinking that I'm going to finish all my homework for tomorrow tonight. And if it's to keep them kids longer, well, I don't know. After I read Marx and Adam Smith to my kids for their bedtimes stories, I'm going to be sure to remind them that there is no such thing as Santa or the tooth fairy every night.

Among other things yesterday, like imagining what sort of cult I would want to create if I could get some followers, I was thinking about what characters in movies I would want to portray if I could magically act well. And here is a small list:















Rosalind Russell in His Girl Friday.

Rosalind Russell is in 2 of my favorite movies (The Women and this one), and in His Girl Friday, and she plays what I'd want to probably be normally: a shrewd, quick-witted young lady with a clever comeback and retort to anything. Plus, she's funny, and she talks really fast, which I wish I could do. So I would want to play her in the movie because, well, I'd wish I'd have some of her qualities.














Donald O'Connor in Singin' in the Rain.

I am not limiting this to female characters.

Debbie Reynolds would not be bad, only she kind of pisses me off sometimes, plus Donald O'Connor gets to dance "Moses Supposes" with Gene Kelly, which, obviously, I would have wanted to do if I were around at the time. And I've always wanted to tap dance. Plus, doesn't he look like he's having a good time?














Judith Anderson (the woman on the right) in Rebecca.

Look at her! She is so evil. She totally derserves what she gets at the end of the movie, and it would be nice to be terrifying for a change.

I'm trying to think of contemporary movies, but I can't really recall any. Ideally, I'd want to be some sort of chica latina who dances incessantly to salsa music, but well, they don't make movies like that nowadays. And I wouldn't want to somehow end up in, say, Cold Mountain or something. Or I'd want to be some sort of a secret agent in a movie. Movies really did change. I wonder if imaginations did too.

2 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adrianne wants to be a man...snarkle. I would definately want to be a spy or someone very very rich.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Kat said...

i'd want to be a bond girl or the second silk spectre. or jean grey, or rogue, or lara croft. anything meaningless that would give me a chance to do ridiculous stunts and pretend i have magic powers and would by its very existence in my resume reverse-chronologically cause me to become incredibly good-looking. i'm pretty sure reverse-chronologically is not a legitimate English phrase/word but i don't care. i'm supposed to be reading Democracy In America right now. if you change one letter in the acronym for that it spells DIE.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home