Thursday, April 13, 2006

Teachers teach more by what they are than by what they say

For the past couple of months, I'm sure Kristopher Capello's heart has been skipping a beat whenever someone has said "teach" and "for America" in the same sentence. Or even in different sentences, because he's just that kind of guy

He's also a bigger pessimist and more self-deprecating than me, which is nearly inconceivable, but there you have it. This means that when he deems me worthy enough for a conversation in between his thousands of DJ-ing gigs, we usually have the most upbeat IM chats imaginable, like:

me:
hallo kris!
congratulations on getting an interview
i knew ALL ALONG
Kristopher:
whatever
i wtill won't get it for real


Or another instance

me: well well
Kristopher: well well well
me: here's the future teacher for america
Kristopher: comedy
what the hell can i teach in 5 minutes
me: that's the interview?
Kristopher: that's the first part
me: you have to teach a class for five minutes?
spelling
pronouncing words
games
there's SO MUCH
Kristopher: i have to teach and evaluate their learning in 5 minutes. i have to teach the other interviewees and interviewers
pronouncing words? thats ridiculous
me: why
knife
know
difference between there, their
they're
Kristopher: if i choose something easy, theyll think im a dick
me: ok, i was going to suggest differential equations next
Kristopher: im thinking the bill of rights or like a specific amendment



Yeah, I'd suck at teaching, but that whole amendment thing, which he went on to berate for 15 minutes or so afterwards, seems to have done the trick.

TFA ushered in their newest minions today with some regular old e-mails, and Kristopher Capello got one. Because he sure as hell deserves it.

Congratulations Kris!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home