Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Business Class Lounge Baby! Everything looks better from Business Class!

I’m currently sitting in a leather chair in the club lounge for Lufthansa’s business class guests sipping some Guinness. I don't particularly like it, but it's the principal of the deal! I thought I’d update the blog with this information to inform everyone how the other half lives, and at the moment, I find it quite amusing.

I started off this leg of the journey at 7:15 AM. Oh but wait, FIRST, I got in line at 6:15 AM (!) to get on the plane. In true-blue Unitedian fashion, I was informed that I couldn’t check in, because I was too late, since check-in closes 45 minutes before departure. You do the math. I turned that equation inside-out, upside-down, and I still ended up with the grand total of checking in one FULL HOUR before departure, which definitely did not add up to a mere 45 minutes before departure, whose derivative was a very panicked Adrianne thinking she might not be flying on business class, because she was too late.

But United pulled through this time. After a laborious process of head scratching and nose rubbing, an agent had her “ah-HA” moment, and noticed I was indeed checking in what would appear to be before 45 to departure, and I was on my way.

First class boards early. Want to know what happens in between the time first class passengers board and the NORMAL passengers board? First class passengers have a small informal party with flappers, pink elephants, and lots of booze, with all the free pretzel snacks they can grab.

Everyone knows that in economy class, if you turn your head to say hello, you’re pretty much French-kissing your neighbor. Not so in business class my friend! The seats were situated so far apart from each other it was necessary to yell to make yourself heard by the person sitting next to you. I could have turned cartwheels in between and over the seats! My traveling companion was some gentlemen who looked interesting, mostly because you could tell that he was the sort of guy who had led a wild life before settling down to a leisure life of first class travel, fetch with his kids, and weed-free lawns. I got this information solely from his deep tan, bleached hair, wedding ring, and the fact that he was still able to grin jovially at me after I had smacked him full in the face with my bag and jacket while I was bounding into my seat to see if it really would recline to near 180 degrees, or if there was a free pack of cigarettes hidden in the arm rest.

So now in Dallas, I sat down in the ECONOMY (said in an unbearably snootish tone) waiting area before I realized that I could mosey on up to the club lounge. Let me tell you how out of place I am. For one, I am the only person taking pictures of everything. Second, I’m the only person in her 20s. Third, I’m the only one who’s laughing to herself because I can’t believe people travel like this. So relaxed! So chic! God, if I would have known I was going to be hanging out in the lounge, then I would have worn some sort of mystery travel woman outfit. Fourth, I haven’t yet made a call mentioning contracts, deadlines, or policies. I’m getting such a grand kick out of this, that I’m tempted to not leave Dallas, and instead hang out here in the lounge and watch the world cup on the flat screen plasma TV they have.

All right, one of the wandering women has taken away my now empty glass. This is a pretty impressive place, everyone. It’s a reason to study hard: to travel well.

P.S. Now in the Frankfurt airport listening to The Cardigans, because for some reason, Germany always reminded me of The Cardigans for no good reason at all, besides for when I studied here then one of my friends always listened to their songs.


Oh yeah. And I totally had sparkling wine on the plane. MUAHAHA


Pictures!















No lines! Suck it United!














Lobby to lounge















Lounge














Part of the bathroom.














Bar














They had showers














Thank you lounge 4














Yes there is indeed a massage button on my chair














You basically need a telescope to see it

Must fly!

Sorry about the bad dream Kat! Next time I'll be sure to speak only about Schroedinger's equation. However you spell it.

2 Comments:

At 5:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um ADRIANNE, you still haven't posted pictures of your newest hair coloration alteration thing. You're FIRED. But I love you and I'm SOOOO jealous!!!

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Average Joe said...

You mentioned looking at the book "All About Me" in your last blog, and, yes, it is really depressing. Even worse is the book "All About Us." Don't ever get one of those and don't ever make your significant other fill that crap out. It'll only cause a headache...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home