Saturday, September 30, 2006

Boy oh boy!

You find me once again in the very position I was in last Friday, save the difference that I don’t feel like going out with other people because I am really worried about something right now. This something continues to prove my previous theory that everyone is screwed.

In order to take my mind off of this problem and to pass the time while I stay up worrying, I think I’ll introduce some of the people in this program. It’s not like I know these people very well, but at least I don’t hate them yet, so that’s saying something.










On the very left, let me introduce you to Adrianna Klara Gyorfi. She likes caprese salads, and hates people who steal credit card information.

In the middle we have Arwyn. She worked in an international camp in Switzerland this summer, and she is a cookie-cutout of what a camp counselor for kids should be like. She can turn on her good nature like a light switch, and she practically breathes sunshine and skittles, just what little kids like. She also has a very expressive nose. Talk about lucky.

On the very right we have Rachel. Note the very obvious absence of last names, simply because I have no clue what their last names are. Rachel is 6’1” and plays violin. She has very long legs. She is a woman of many mysteries for me. Despite her very long legs, she still manages to be the slowest walking person I know. The only reason she doesn’t walk slower in the street is because she might fall asleep in mid-step. However, it’s great fun walking with her because since she walks so slowly, she notices a lot of things. She’s got the slow moving gait all Romans seem to have (called the “Roman Ramble…” Thank you, thank you, no applause is necessary, I came up with that elaborate alliteration myself…), so already she fits right in.










This here on the left is Lauren Frausto. I know her last name because she is my facebook friend. She has the same exact birthday as my sister, and they are going to be turning the same exact age. What’s wonderful about her is that she finds me funny when no one does, and I find her to be absolutely hilarious, so we both keep ourselves continuously mildly entertained. She’s got a younger brother going to our school, and she dislikes pants. She also spent the semester before this in Pisa.

This is Caroline on the right. Caroline is from Tulsa, Oklahoma, and she is studying art history like me. The difference is that she probably has grand life plans with her major, whereas I still am gloriously clueless about what exactly I can accomplish with an art history major. She enjoys pasta, and is great about making me feel ok about being lost with grand ideas of philosophy and such. She likes to wear the color black.

And now onto the more important introduction, since this person can actually make my life miserable very easily. My roommate Diana Zhou.













That glamorous girl in the middle with the long black hair and the tan belt is my roommate Diana. She, too, likes the color black, and she also likes to study. And play the violin. Notice that I am surrounded by a large group of accomplished and eager people. I always knew that I was accepted to this school solely to make other people feel better about what they've accomplished, and Diana Zhou proves this. If she feels down because she hasn't memorized all 500 pages of her Monday night reading, she can come to me to feel better, since it's guaranteed that I've not even finished reading the first 5 pages. It's the same thing at the gym. I feel I am the best motivator there, since all the fit people can see me huffing and puffing there and say to themselves "If SHE can do it, SO CAN I!"

Diana loves strawberry jam (hey hey!) and meat. She also dresses very well and has good taste in music.

I must go worry now!

1 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahah the cookie cutout of what a camp counselor for kids should be like? I'm loathe to think of the description I would get.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home