Friday, January 05, 2007

They've got Zipcar rentals here now!

I'm now sitting amongst the rubble of what I can now confidently call my domain, looking at a book that's on top of my roll-away closet and at the scarf draped in front of the bookcase, hiding the fact that it is very obviously being used as a dresser. Only yesterday, you could hardly move in here. I would post pictures, but I don't need to let the reader of a delicate consititution know that a bottle of bleach I evidently stored with the utmost care in a plastic bag during the summer came uncorked and leaked over a portion of my things. This means that this stuff was sitting in a bag, being eaten away by corrosive things, until I finally dragged it out into the light the day before yesterday. By the time I noticed that my (feather) pillow was one of the objects that had gotten holes, feathers soaked in bleach were perfuming my room in a variety of corners.

School is school. Just that. The novelty is already beginning to wear off, and while I would love to remind myself that less than 2 months ago I was hanging out in not Chicago, it's becoming increasingly hard to work it into conversation without seeming like a braggart, and consequently, I'm just going to have to keep the millions of things I haven't told anyone to myself and laugh about them in intervals. However, it's been great to see those people from the program around campus to smile mysteriously at each other, as if to say "I know the next airplane that's flying out of O'Hare, care to join me?"

But it's time to return to the old grindstone, and to become very boring. Because as we all know, being interesting is entirely dependent on environment.

Happy New Year everyone!

2 Comments:

At 4:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey!

Let me know if you have any questions about Zipcar! We're glad that people are recognizing the benefits of car sharing, and how it will change the landcape of transportation in the city. Let me know if you have any questions!

Tobia Ciottone
Regional Marketing Manager
Zipcar Chicago
312-264-2714

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Adrianne, are you really in Chicago or still living the high life in verdant foreign lands? All I've found is anecdotal evidence for your return.

UPDATE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home