Thursday, March 01, 2007

15 Minutes of Fame

Several weeks ago when I was walking around one of the campus bookstores, a woman came up to me and kindly pressed several Clean and Clear sample sized facial products into my hand, sympathetically gazing at the fist-sized blemishes on my face, and told me that if I wanted a small tote filled with $50 worth of Clean and Clear products, all I'd have to do is go over yonder to that truck and answer a couple of questions.

I take what I can get. "A couple of questions" turned out to be a videotaped ordeal. I sat on a bright green plastic chair waiting for a lady in front of me to finish up answering her questions while she was video taped against a bright green background. Because bright green flatters absolutely everyone.

It turns out that these videos were put on the internet, and for the highest viewed video, that person gets a $50 gift certificate to Starbucks. It would be pretty cool to get a gift certificate like that, but I am a realist. The last thing that I got for free that was cool was 2 tickets to the Shedd Aquarium, and those were stolen along with my wallet. So I'm going to aim low: it would be pretty awesome if maybe this Clean and Clear stuff didn't make my face turn purple.

In any case, the best thing that came with the "small tote" was a small large t-shirt.

I am a big fan of free t-shirts. I've got a slew of them back in California, and the best one that I brought to Chicago is this one:


Clearly, this shirt has been ironed.

This one came from a charity group my mom donated to. I use it when I go to the gym, because I like to think that I look ferocious when I'm on the treadmill. Instead of seeing Adrianne huffing away, you see a heard of at least 11 wild mustangs thundering towards you. That, or I also like to think that it gives me the speed of an 11-horsepower engined truck.

And it's always a special sort of day when I wear my horse shirt.

Now my Clean and Clear shirt has joined the ranks:


Telling Mary Kate that she needs to push the button down half way to focus.


Admiring my green logo.

I like this shirt. I think it's more flattering (doesn't my chest look gigantic?), and it's not like my horse shirt that looks like a large sack. Although I do prefer the unbridled edginess of the horses.

SO, if you like what you see here, visit this site and look for video 620. I encourage you to minimize the window when you start it. That, or just mute it.

2 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It wasnt really 5 minutes...more like one. But the best 1 minute of my life. You were awesome...good video speaker. And love the story. Love it!

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Average Joe said...

So Agnes was force-feeding me your blog, since God knows I hate to actually read, and, anywho, it pisses me off. You're a surprisingly good, in the words of dear Matthew, "pessimistic writer." That's what I want to be! It's unfair! It's cruel! And I hate you for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home