Sunday, April 22, 2007

Oops

Basically we had a grand plan for Julie's birthday: we were going to leave Chicago. We were going to get away for the day and visit Indiana, which, if I were still living in California, I would laugh at the very idea. I would think that it was a super-lame idea. Indiana? But since living in the Midwest for almost 3 years now, it sounds pretty awesome. It sounds grand. It sounds almost like it's the Mecca of the Midwest, like it's the promised land. Obviously, my perspective has changed a lot.

The long and short of it is that we did not go because we got the train schedule wrong. So instead of hanging out at the Indiana sand dunes, we were forced to lug our cooler to a much less awesomer place and look like a typical Midwestern family out enjoying their local park and mispronouncing Gucci and bag. But it was a very nice day nonetheless, but with this nice day came a horrible realization when I was ready to get to bed at around 3:35 AM:

The day was REALLY long. It felt about 4 times longer than any day I spend doing homework in the library. Which is disconcerting because I was having a great time, but then why did it feel so long? It felt like the day was 48 hours long instead of 24. Was it because I was without the computer for so long? Because I saw the light of day? Because I was outside instead of inside?

I also cooked dinner, sort of. And really, that's been it. I was nearly sent over the edge last week, my ears are unplugging more regularly and more frequently, and I'm writing the world's dumbest essay right now about oil paint. I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I'm going to finish my essay now. Here are some pictures:








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home