Sunday, April 29, 2007

Taking a Break

On Friday when I had my Spanish writing session, my TA with the astonishingly flawless skin walked in and, his eyes alighting on my beaming face, said something like "Adriana, you always look so HAPPY! I always see you walking out of the library with a huge smile on your face!"

I'll go through the reasons I've had to wear a huge smile on my face that day

1. The conversation I heard right before that class that went something like this:
"If you put me in the middle of the forest alone, I could survive. I was raised on organic food."

2. Receiving not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, but 5!!!!!!!! coupons!!! on my receipt from CVS!!!!!!

3. I did laundry on Thursday. Which means I don't have to wake up to the desolate realization that I will indeed have to wear a pair of socks I've worn 5 times before yet again. Gone are the days of pretending my clothes are clean!

4. The very action of leaving the library

Today, I have no reason to smile. I feel like I've been in the library forever and I can't leave. Somehow clean socks just aren't cutting it today.

1 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger Cono said...

And I thought I was blessed with 2 coupons on my CVS receipt...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home