Monday, April 30, 2007

Way too old for this

Even though it's 9:33 PM and even though my Spanish midterm is due in a mere 13 hours, I cannot bring myself to rewrite what I already have. I sent my TA a draft on Saturday, a whole 24 hours early, and while still on a literary and latino high for having accomplished this, he wrote me back something to the effect of:

"Well, Adriana *virtual pat, pat, on the back* you'd better sit down for this..."

Because, from what I gather from his comments, he desires me to write something that I haven't done since HIGH SCHOOL. One of those essays I churned out like a machine at the end of 11th grade 3 times a week during our in-class essay writing sessions. One of those essays I'd begin by writing down 3 literary devices and 2 allusions I could make to other celebrated, important literary masterpieces (like Nancy Drew or The Babysitter's Club), and I'd finish with some great conclusion to go out to lunch at Jimmy Dean's with my friends to talk about how mean all those girls are and how weird that one guy is. Is this what he wants? Does he want me to walk in tomorrow several pounds heavier, many degrees shyer, and saying "cat-uh-stofe" instead of "catastrophe?" To write essays that have sentences like "The author incorporates simile to blaaaaaaaaah blaaaaaaaah blaaaaaaaaaaaaah"?

Well, all right. I'm sort of a sucker to get a decent grade anyway. Plus, the TA DOES have very nice skin. I'll just listen to some Bright Eyes, part my hair directly in the middle, and wear my awesome hoodies to get me in the mood.

1 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make sure to use as your thesis "Thing A and Thing B have many similarities but also many differences".

-- Bruce

 

Post a Comment

<< Home