Sunday, May 06, 2007

Ciao!

I was extremely close to not setting foot in the library AT ALL this week. Nay, not even just the library. Campus! However the gods (I'll blame them, seeing as I have no one else to blame), sensing an overwhelmingly relaxing and nonchalant attitude emanating from my apartment, decided at 7:30 PM on Sunday afternoon that it was high-time I mosey on over to the A-level to work on a project with Arnaldo Rafael Jose Vera Arroyo.

That is his full name. And he only lets you talk to him if you say that 25 times very quickly before you begin addressing him. You have his permission to be very jealous.

This weekend will definitely not take the prize for Most Eventful Weekend Ever during my Thursday night Pancake Proceeding. You might wonder what the Pancake Proceeding is: it's something I am very reluctant to call a tradition, or anything, but for the past 6 weeks some friends who I don't normally see during the week have been coming over Thursday nights to witness what might be the only time Adrianne uses a stove during the week while she makes sometimes failed, sometimes ok pancakes that aren't American but which aren't Hungarian enough to be called Hungarian. And then we sit around, people politely washing down my creation with copious, rather, miniscule amounts of wine or whatever else is about.

And then we talk. Or gossip. Whathaveyou. With the celebrated Linda Muzere usually taking home the prize for The Most Eventful Weekend of All of Us. You think you had an exciting weekend? Linda had a more exciting one. You think you can dance? Linda can dance better. You think you can breath well? Linda can breath better. The only way I could have a more riveting weekend than her would be if Gumby or a unicorn turned up on my doorstep and we went out together.

Anyway, one of this weekend's major highlights was going to a movie with someone whose name I didn't find out till the next day. Friday evening I went over to a friend's "open house" where A Girl voiced her desire to go to the movies and I invited myself along.

In any case, a new week! New opportunites! Fresh slate! Have a nice Monday!

3 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the shoutout adriannnnneeee! but, trust, i'm not that cool. i've never been to the opera.

-l juan

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Average Joe said...

I liked the past few posts. Amusing. Well written. Good word variety. Still, and this is to be expected, they focus so intently on the process of school that it really made me realize I'm so far removed from that world these days.

And someday so to will you! And then you'll look back and realize people shouldn't be bitching about writing essays.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Rory Kelly said...

You have finally come clean on your deep-seated fetish for small clay creatures. I am proud of you. It is the first step to recovery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home