Sunday, August 12, 2007

I finally went to Hollywood Video

My recent life can be divided into a series of failures and successes. Not that my life in the past years couldn't be, but it just so happens that lately it lends itself to this sort of analysis particularly well. So here's a short rundown:


Success: getting ALL the lights on the upright wireless device to work. Nay, actually getting the upright wireless thing in the mail at all is considered a paramount accomplishment.



Failure: not getting the 4th box with the midbeam at IKEA on the first trip because of extremely poor prioritizing on the part of IKEA directions.


Success: Putting together the bed after a late-night visit to IKEA and getting a brand! new! mattress! The novelty of the mattress affected me in such a way that I was 45 minutes late to work the morning after I slept on it for the first time.


Success: putting together a nightstand


Failure: what in God's name are all those pictures suggesting?

So as you can see, life is sort of putting itself together despite the failures while continuing to be rather haphazard in spite of the successes. This upcoming week is my last week at work. A major success or failure is in order.

5 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Miss Self-Important said...

Ikea Malm bed in birch? I have the exact same one. I put it together myself too, and every night, I fear its imminent collapse.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Russell said...

The title says you went to Hollywood video, but it doesn't say anything more (except the obvious conclusion that they didn't have anybody waiting to pounce and detain you given that you made the post).

So ultimately did they care at all?

Wait, or was it Blockbuster you were avoiding so dutifully?

 
At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm does this mean that we should take a trip somewhere together? MMMMmmm??

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for getting a bed!

p.s. are you coming home at all? :)

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Jennie said...

i feel like this post chronicles my life for the past week. putting together ikea furniture is so not intuitive ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home