Thursday, October 18, 2007

Worst Housewoman Ever

As I mentioned in my previous entry, the kitchen sink seems to be on the blitz. I have dealt with many a sink in my time, from disassembling one to get out a ring this summer to just doing the normal run-of-the-mill unclogging the drain act, but this kitchen sink is determined to make all my efforts to reason with it come to naught.

So in this apartment I'm in now there is this pretty snazzy looking dishwasher. I have never, ever used a dishwasher before. In fact, if you put me in front of some of the newer models, I'd probably think it was a college student's bedroom, that's how alien they are to me. I went through this summer blissfully doing all 3 of my dishes by hand because I had a whole...3!...dishes, and I never saw the point of running the dishwasher for all! 3! of my dishes. (Granted, until a while ago I didn't really see the point in a regular mattress and bed frame, so my taste in lifestyle is definitely dubious. The only glass flatware I owned were 4 wine glasses. I had my priorities straight). And Michal Lynn might have had 2 dishes, so between the 2 of us, we couldn't really even fill the sink if we wanted to.

Then Tina came and along with Tina's big heart was attached about 800 different sized cups, plates, bowls, and mugs. Suddenly our sink was constantly filled with many a mysterious plate. It's around this time that the dishwasher started to look pretty snazzy, and we tried using it. The suds started leaking from the dishwasher really early into the cycle and although I'm not really familiar with dishwashers, I gathered that if I wanted to dishes to get clean inside, those soap suds should stay inside instead of carpeting the kitchen floor.

So we determined there must be a mysterious clog in the sink and the fact that the garbage disposal isn't working is also something that is hindering the progress of our dishwasher. I have poured down 4 whole bottles of Draino. The water from the faucet now leaves the sink at lightning speed, it barely leaves the nozzle before it is sucked down into the drain, yet our dishwasher continues to let suds out like nobody's business. This is why I hate a lot of fancy gadgets.

The only thing I have left to try to get the dishwasher to work is to stick my head down the sink and seeing if maybe the garbage disposal only works if there is a college student's head to grind up. This totally seems worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home