Saturday, December 15, 2007

Legitimate Happy Post

I got back to SUNNY! SO WARM! HOT! California last night. The first thought that entered my mind when I got off the plane was "...it smells so clean and fresh here." This is because in Chicago, I think the air just smells old, as if it remembers the 1871 fire and it hasn't circulated since.

I went to breakfast with the one and only Stacy, and in the parking lot of the place we were eating, I saw a car that had "I got into the University of Chicago!" written all over it. This makes me a little sad. Although this might be a little delusional, I thought the school was a sort of well-kept secret, especially from this suburb. It was a sort of bittersweet moment for me, what with me graduating soon and someone actually genuinely being excited to get in with apparently early action. So the way I handled it was to go over and write a note on the car, and to resist the urge to write "Hope you won't regret it!"

It's odd being home. I've never realized just how suburby this place is. I am going to go outside now. It's 73 degrees outside, WHY WOULD I WANT TO BE IN FRONT OF THIS COMPUTER!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home