Saturday, December 22, 2007

Should I be worried about this?

Every year I've been writing in this blog, I think I've written about buying the Christmas tree. I feel like there was always something unique about how the Christmas tree got to be standing in our house, decorated, and in one piece, like I had had to fight rabid monkeys at the Christmas tree lot to get it, or like I had to gnaw it out of the ground with my teeth because I didn't have a saw. Alas, this year the Christmas tree purchase was remarkably smooth. My sister and I went to one lot, found a tree matching my mother's exact requirements in height, weight, breed, and blood-type, put the tree in the car, and went on our way. The only unusual part was when I brought out our Christmas tree stand with last year's tree trunk still on there and the tree man couldn't get it off. So with a broad wink and a demonstration of true Christmas (tree) spirit, he gave us a new stand for free.

In case I don't make it back to this blog before Christmas, Merry Christmas. If things don't start to pick up, I'll just write back here tomorrow to complain about how the butter didn't cream properly or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home