Saturday, January 05, 2008

Some Remarkable Things

One remarkable thing is I am back in Chicago, in one piece, but not before I put up a valiant fight on the airplane, after which I was dragged kicking and screaming down the narrow aisle and into the terminal.

The other remarkable thing is that my friend Rory Kelly has finally updated a blog. I know that that link on the side no one actually clicks on declares that Rory Kelly occasionally updates his blog, but this is not the case. He actually never really updates it. And this is a new one, maybe for the new year? Huh? Huh? Too good to be true?

This new blog also does something very new: while his old blog provided an endless source of entertainment for me, because it mentioned ME about 30 times every millisecond or so and I realize that I could be the subject of a few dissertations and provide endless inspiration for researchers and bloggers alike, this entry gives me rather scant attention. In fact, it doesn't mention me one blessed time. Which means that the blog automatically loses some appeal for me, but may hold more for you. So there it is: a link. Revel in it.

This year's New Year was rung in at Stacy's sister's house with champagne and cow racing on the wii. Or WII? I have no idea how to correctly write it. To which champagne probably wouldn't provide the answer. And New Year's resolutions? I always say I don't make them. I always make a big deal about not making them, since I'd rather make them on my birthday, or not at all. But I'll let you in on a secret: I made one this year. And this year's resolution is to make it onto Rory's new blog at least once.

3 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger Average Joe said...

It's "Wii." DUH!!!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Kat said...

WII = World Wii II

I am sorry that Chicago makes you so sad. It made me that sad as a first-year. I treated the symptoms by going home for a weekend during which I met with some high school friends, drank tea with my grandmother, royally pissed off the UChicago Democrats club, and watched the worst president ever win an election, but the sadness didn't go away for good until I became a geosci major.

What I'm getting at is it's not too late for you to become a geosci major, but if you don't feel like spending so much time with dinosaurs again after the Sue thing, you could always just go find ways to piss off the UC Dems.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Adrianna:

My name is William and I am CEO of the blog, www.Joboja.Blogspot.com . I look at your website regularly and I think it is good. I would like to partner and trade links with you. I am based in Chicago and I receive traffic locally as well as from all over the world. I hope to hear back from you soon and if you have any questions please let me know.

Best Regards,
William Parker
jobojablogspot@gmail.com
CEO, Joboja
(773) 835-0188

 

Post a Comment

<< Home