Sunday, February 17, 2008

Oh, love

It’s going on around the 3rd week or so now that I don’t have a computer. Before my sister decided that my computer would look better with soup spilled all over it, 3 weeks without a computer probably would have seemed like a big deal. Now I am sort of living the American dream by not having it. Granted, it does make it a lot more tricky to look at all my naughty websites or to spend hours on end looking at blogs or facebook, but I get by. I am counting this as something I gave up for Lent now.

I am in the process of a superhuman push to make myself finish my BA thesis before spring break so that I can ACTUALLY GET OUT OF HERE for it. Which means that Valentine’s Day came and left before I could do anything about it (do anything about it = write a disillusioned post about love, NOT exchange handwritten notes on heart shaped construction paper with paper lace glue-stuck onto it). Linda and I celebrated the occasion by lying on Yennie’s bed while she cooked an actual meal for not just 1 gentleman, but 2! and eating green M&Ms Linda’s roommate mistakenly bought, thinking it was the red, pink, and white Valentine’s Day mix. Little did she know that when the entire package is green with only green M&ms dancing around on the front, it really does mean that there are only green candies inside. Advertising can be so deceiving these days.

So I think this is an appropriate sort of end to this post, somehow. Something to do with the obvious really being deceptive, everything that you thought you knew isn’t really how it is, blah blah blah. And also, things that seem really bad aren’t so bad after all. Like not having a computer for 3 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home